ITEC- Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation
1. Under the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) programme the Government of India provides training courses in various areas tailored to address the needs of developing countries and empower their citizens with not only professional skills, but also with the skills to function in an increasingly globalized world. ITEC is about cooperation and partnership for mutual benefit.
2. For civilians, there are 47 empanelled institutions conducting 280 short-term and long-term courses during the year. The training programme is demand-driven and subjects are selected from a wide and diverse range of skills and disciplines which may be of interest to working professionals in developing countries. The courses fall into seven broad categories:
(i) Accounts, Audit, Banking and Finance
(ii) IT, Telecommunication and English Courses
(iii) Management Courses
(iv) SME/Rural Development Courses
(v) Specialized Courses (Parliamentary Studies & Training, Mass Communication, Finger Print Science etc.)
(vi) Technical Courses (Fertilizer Quality control, Rural Electrification, Tool Design etc)
(vii) Environment and Renewable Energy Courses.
3. For the year 2016-17, 20 ITEC slots are now available to civilian candidates from Lebanon.
4. For candidates admitted to courses under this programme, the Government of India will pay return air fares, a living allowance of Indian Rupees 25,000/-, a book allowance of Indian Rupees 5000/-, and will also provide free boarding and lodging.
5. ITEC applications are required to be filled in by the applicants themselves at the “Apply for ITEC- Apply now” link at the new website (www.itecgoi.in). After a candidate has applied for a course, he/she must take a printout of the application and send it to the Embassy of India, Beirut through the nominating Ministry/Department. The Embassy will call eligible candidates for an interview after receiving the application.
6. Following are the general eligibility criteria for candidates:-
- He/she should be within the age group of 25 to 45 years.
- He/she should possess working knowledge of English to follow the course.
- He/she should be a first time applicant.
- He/she should be medically fit to undertake the course.
7. Please note that the application of any candidate who does not meet the above criteria will not be accepted.
8. Full details on the ITEC training courses can be accessed from the ITEC website at www.itecgoi.in. The ITEC training Brochure 2016-17 is now available at https://www.itecgoi.in/downloads/2016-2017.pdf.
9. For any clarification, please call Attache (ITEC) at : 00-961-1-741270/735856 (Extension No.102) or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GCSS- General Cultural Scholarship Scheme
1. The Government of India offers ONE scholarship every year under the above scheme to facilitate a Lebanese student to study in India. Courses can be selected from any subject area (except medicine), and can be at the undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD level.
2. The Scholarship is administered by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) under its General Cultural Scholarships Scheme (GCSS). Comprehensive details about the scheme, general terms and conditions, procedures and application forms can be accessed at http://www.iccrindia.net/students
3. Applications for this scholarship should be submitted in December/January every year, and at the very latest by 15th February to the Embassy of India, Beirut, and not sent directly either to the ICCR or the concerned University in India.
4. You can also obtain more information from the Indian Embassy in Beirut by calling Officer-in-Charge (ITEC) at : 00-961-1-741270/735856 (Extension No.102).
DASA- Direct Admission of Students Abroad
OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY IN INDIA
The Embassy has the honour to present the Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) scheme which provides a one-stop window for Under Graduate and Post Graduate admissions to India’s premier educational institutions.
2. Please note that all admissions would be based on SAT subject scores obtained through the (SAT) examinations conducted by the College Board, USA. Dates of submission of online application are from 1st April to 1st June, 2016.
3. Comprehensive details about the DASA scheme are at http://www.dasanit.org. All those interested can apply online to the DASA Coordinator for 2016. Contact details are as follows:-
Coordinator DASA 2016
DASA Office, ECE Department
National Institute of Technology Srinagar
Hazratbal, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India
PIN CODE (Zip) -190006
Phone No. +91-194-2414167
Website : www.nitsri.net
4. For assistance, you can call Mr. Bibhash Lahiri, Attache (Comm & ITEC) in the Embassy of India, Beirut at: 00-961-1-741270/735856 (Extension No.102) or email him at email@example.com.
Non-Aligned Movement, Science & Technology Centre, New Delhi, India invites applications from the scientists, technologists and engineers of the developing countries for the award of the Fellowships under its ‘Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS)’ scheme for the year 2015-16
2. The salient features of the RTF-DCS programme are as under:-
(i) No. of Fellowships: 50
(ii) Duration of Fellowship: 6 months
(iii) Board Disciplines, in which Fellowship are available: Agricultural Sciences; Biological and medical Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Physical Sciences and mathematics; Earth Sciences; engineering Sciences; Materials, Minerals and metallurgy; and multi-disciplinary & other areas.
(iv) Eligibility conditions: Scientists. Researchers from any developing country below 40 years of age (as on 1st January 2015 and possessing at least a Post Graduate Degree in any natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Technology/engineering/medicine/allied disciplines.
(v) Financial Terms: full financial assistance to the Fellows, including (a) round trip international airfare by excursion/economy class, (b) a consolidated monthly Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 35,000 [about US$ 560 at the current exchange rate] (non-taxable) to cover accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses and (c) a one-time grant of INR 30,000 (about US$ 480) for research contingency and domestic travel, including airport transfers, visiting research institutions, attending scientific events and field-trips within India. The Indian host institutions will also be suitably compensated for their services for implementation of the programme.
3. Detailed guidelines of the Fellowship scheme are given in the announcement Brochure at the following web link
4. Application should be submitted only online by using the following link:
Hard copies of the application will not be accepted.
5. Selection will be made by a Selection Committee and will be based on the quality of the research proposal submitted by the applicant and applicant’s academic merit.
6. The last date for submission of completed application form along with required enclosures is Monday, 15th June, 2015.