Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is offering scholarships to Lebanese citizens under the General Scholarship Scheme for the 2016-17 academic session. The scholarships are available for undergraduate and post graduate courses as well as for PhD students in all fields except medicine.
2. The prospective candidates should do due diligence and research on the specific admission criteria laid down by the various universities for each subject, and ensure that they submit all relevant documents required by the universities in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form. Candidates may refer to the University Grant Commission’s website and the concerned institute website for eligibility criteria. List of universities where ICCR scholars are usually studying is available at http://www.iccr.gov.in/sites/default/files/List%20of%20Universites%20for%20Website_0.pdf .
3. Candidates applying for BE/B.Tech courses should have physics, chemistry & mathematics (PCM) in their school leaving examinations, as this is mandatory for engineering course. Number of seats available for engineering courses are limited. This scholarship is not applicable for admission in medical/paramedical (nursing/physiotherapy/anesthesia etc.)/fashion course. All expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges for science courses will be borne by candidates themselves.
4. The financial terms and conditions of General Scholarship Scheme is available at http://www.iccr.gov.in/sites/default/files/Financial%20Terms%20and%20Condition.pdf .
5. The candidate should be fluent in English and should be medically fit to undertake courses.
6. The last date for submission of the application in the prescribed Form along with medical certificate and complete in all respects, is 10th January, 2016. All scholarships are processed on first cum first served basis but are awarded only after the student is accepted by the university concerned. Copy of the application form along with medical certificate and instructions to candidates for filling the application form can be downloaded at http://iccr.gov.in/content/general-scholarships-gcss. For more details, contact Mr. Bibhash Lahiri, Attache(Com & ITEC) in the Embassy of India (e-mail: email@example.com, tel: +961-1-741270, 735922).