ITEC- Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation
1. Under the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) programme the Government of India provides training courses in various areas tailored to address the needs of developing countries and empower their citizens with not only professional skills, but also with the skills to function in an increasingly globalized world. ITEC is about cooperation and partnership for mutual benefit.
2. 25 ITEC slots are now available to civilian candidates from Lebanon, and 10 slots are available for Lebanese defence personnel.
3. For candidates admitted to courses under this programme, the Government of India will pay return air fares, a living allowance of Indian Rupees 25,000/-, a book allowance of Indian Rupees 5000/-, and will also provide free boarding and lodging.
4. Defence courses are conducted by premier military institutes in India such as National Defence College, Defence Services Staff College etc.
5. For civilians, there are 47 empanelled institutions conducting 284 short-term and long-term courses during the year. The training programme is demand-driven and subjects are selected from a wide and diverse range of skills and disciplines which may be of interest to working professionals in developing countries. The courses fall into seven broad categories:
(i) Accounts, Audit, Banking and Finance
(ii) IT, Telecommunication and English Courses
(iii) Management Courses
(iv) SME/Rural Development Courses
(v) Specialized Courses (Parliamentary Studies & Training, Mass Communication, Finger Print Science etc.)
(vi) Technical Courses (Fertilizer Quality control, Rural Electrification, Tool Design etc)
(vii) Environment and Renewable Energy Courses.
6. From 15th May 2015 onwards, all ITEC applications will have to be filled in by the applicants themselves at the “Apply for ITEC/SCAAP Course” link at the new website (https://www.itecgoi.in/meaportal/registerApplicant). The candidate can choose their own login email ID and create their login password, which would be used by the system to keep them posted of the processing status. After a candidate has applied for a course, he/she must take a printout of the application and send it to Embassy of India, Beirut through nominating Ministry/Department.
7. Following are the eligibility criteria for candidates:-
- He/she should be within the age group of 25 to 45 years.
- He/she should possess working knowledge of English to follow the course.
- He/she should have been employed for at least 5 years i.e. 60 months.
- He/she should be a first time applicant.
8. Please note that any candidate who has already attended a course sponsored by Government of India (including ITEC courses) or does not fall within the accepted age criteria is not eligible and that such application will not be accepted.
9. Full details on the ITEC training courses can be accessed from the ITEC website at http://www.itec.mea.gov.in. The ITEC training Brochure 2015-16 can be seen at http://itec.mea.gov.in/?pdf3967?000.
10. For any clarification, please call Attache (ITEC) at : 00-961-1-741270/735856 (Extension No.102) or sending an email to email@example.com.
GCSS- General Cultural Scholarship Scheme
1. The Government of India offers ONE scholarship every year under the above scheme to facilitate a Lebanese student to study in India. Courses can be selected from any subject area (except medicine), and can be at the undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD level.
2. The Scholarship is administered by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) under its General Cultural Scholarships Scheme (GCSS). Comprehensive details about the scheme, general terms and conditions, procedures and application forms can be accessed at http://www.iccrindia.net/students
3. Applications for this scholarship should be submitted in December/January every year, and at the very latest by 15th February to the Embassy of India, Beirut, and not sent directly either to the ICCR or the concerned University in India.
4. You can also obtain more information from the Indian Embassy in Beirut by calling Officer-in-Charge (ITEC) at : 00-961-1-741270/735856 (Extension No.102).
DASA- Direct Admission of Students Abroad
1. All Lebanese students wishing to study in under-graduate engineering programme offered by the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and seven other premier institutes in India can apply directly under the Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) scheme to National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka (NITK) which coordinates the admission process for those candidates who fulfill the prescribed admission criteria.
2. Comprehensive details about DASA scheme can be found at http://www.dasanit.org
3. You can also obtain more information from the Indian Embassy in Beirut by calling Officer-in-Charge (ITEC) at : 00-961-1-741270/735856 (Extension No.102).
Non-Aligned Movement, Science & Technology Centre, New Delhi, India invites applications from the scientists, technologists and engineers of the developing countries for the award of the Fellowships under its ‘Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS)’ scheme for the year 2015-16
2. The salient features of the RTF-DCS programme are as under:-
(i) No. of Fellowships: 50
(ii) Duration of Fellowship: 6 months
(iii) Board Disciplines, in which Fellowship are available: Agricultural Sciences; Biological and medical Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Physical Sciences and mathematics; Earth Sciences; engineering Sciences; Materials, Minerals and metallurgy; and multi-disciplinary & other areas.
(iv) Eligibility conditions: Scientists. Researchers from any developing country below 40 years of age (as on 1st January 2015 and possessing at least a Post Graduate Degree in any natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Technology/engineering/medicine/allied disciplines.
(v) Financial Terms: full financial assistance to the Fellows, including (a) round trip international airfare by excursion/economy class, (b) a consolidated monthly Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 35,000 [about US$ 560 at the current exchange rate] (non-taxable) to cover accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses and (c) a one-time grant of INR 30,000 (about US$ 480) for research contingency and domestic travel, including airport transfers, visiting research institutions, attending scientific events and field-trips within India. The Indian host institutions will also be suitably compensated for their services for implementation of the programme.
3. Detailed guidelines of the Fellowship scheme are given in the announcement Brochure at the following web link
4. Application should be submitted only online by using the following link:
Hard copies of the application will not be accepted.
5. Selection will be made by a Selection Committee and will be based on the quality of the research proposal submitted by the applicant and applicant’s academic merit.
6. The last date for submission of completed application form along with required enclosures is Monday, 15th June, 2015.