Timings: Applications are received between 09.00 AM and 12.00 AM and delivered between 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm during Mondays to Fridays. Normal processing time is one to three working days subject to compliance of all prescribed procedures.
EMPLOYMENT OF INDIAN NATIONALS
All prospective Foreign Employers (FE) would have to register themselves online by visiting the website www.emigrate.gov.in .
This process could be done as per following:
- The FE should register online on the eMigrate system at www.emigrate.gov.in by uploading the requisite documents such as:
- Request Letter for FE Registration on the organization's letter head duly signed by Authorized Signatory / Individual Employer.
- Copy of Registration Certificate / Trade License.
- Letter of Authorization in respect of Authorized Signatory on the organization letter head (Board Resolution in case of Company or Partnership)
- Copy of Passport/ ID issued by Lebanese Government in the name of Authorized Signatory.
- Copy of Specimen Signature of Authorized Signatory/ Individual Employer
- Copy of Address Proof.
- Copy of Local Government Approval for recruiting Indian workers.
For all original documents in Arabic, their English translation should be uploaded
For recruitment of female Indian workers, the FE should have a monthly income above US $ 10,000/-, the female worker should be above 30 years of age and the FE should also submit a Bank Guarantee paper for an amount of US $ 2500/-.
- The Embassy will process the application and once approved, the Employer will receive an email with
- Printable Acknowledgement Letter
- Login credentials
The approval will have a validity of 05 years and the FE should retain the copy for use in future for recruitment of Indian workers. FE will have a quota of 10 workers per year through the Embassy. For bulk recruitment beyond the above quota, the FE could approach a GOI recognized Recruitment Agent (RA) located in India.
- Employers are requested not to share their eMigrate login ID and password with recruiting agents or any other person under any circumstances to prevent unauthorized activity that may lead to deactivation of their registration. Employers are also advised to change their passwords periodically
- Once the FE obtained the Work Visa from the DGS, the FE should get the Visa attested by the Embassy.For attestation the FE has to submit physical copies of Lebanese Government permit for recruiting Indian worker with English translation attested by Lebanese Foreign Ministry. The English translation of the Visa attested by Lebanese Foreign Ministry should be provided for obtaining attestation.The processing fee will be LL 100,000/-.
- The Employer has to login into the system and go to Services -> Direct Recruitment under Indian Mission Attestation, fill the online form and upload visa copy attested by the Embassy along with other documents. After filling all information, the FE will get Job ID and Job Code on their registered email.
- The FE has to also login into the system and generate individual employment contract by going to Services -> Generate Individual Employment Contract.
After the contract has been generated from the system, FE has to take printout of the contract, sign and stamp on each page and send the contract along with the Job Id and Job Code info and the Visa to the Indian worker for his/ her signature on the contract.
- Indian worker is required to apply on www.emigrate.gov.in for Emigration Clearance (EC) using the link – “Apply for Emigration Clearance for ECR countries -> Employer Registered on eMigrate system”. Indian worker is to ensure that he/she has following info at the time of applying for EC – PBBY insurance policy, signed Employment Contract, worker`s passport size photo and the copy of his Passport. The documents would be required to be uploaded while applying for Emigration Clearance. The Indian worker has to make payment of Rs.200/- as Emigration Clearance fee.
Attestation of documents
Commercial documents can only be processed for attestation/notarization by the Consular Section of the Embassy only after they have been attested by the Beirut /or other Lebanese Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants, Government of Lebanon.
Other consular services available include police clearance certificates for specific purposes, attestation of civil and legal documents, attestation of educational certificates of Indian students resident in Beirut, issue of birth certificates to children of Indian nationals borne in Beirut, etc. Details may be obtained from Consular officer.
Registration of Indian nationals
All Indian nationals are advised to register themselves with the Indian Embassy. This will facilitate better interaction with the Embassy and would also prove useful in rendering faster consular services.